REGISTRATION FOR CAMP LUCK - Kids CAMP
August 9-14, 2015
Please complete the information for your child and guest that plan to attend Kids Camp. Space is limited, so submissions will be considered on a first come, first served basis. You will be notified of your status via email within 48 hours after submission.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILD IS ELIGIBLE FOR CAMP LUCK?
1. All campers, "heart kids" as well as siblings, must be 7-14 years of age at the time of camp.
2. "Heart kids" are eligible if they have had open heart surgery at Levine Children's Hospital.
3. If they have not had open heart surgery at Levine Children's Hospital, "heart kids" are eligible if they are patients of either Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute or Asheville Cardiology Associates AND meet one of these criteria:
- Have had open heart surgery at another institution OR
- Have significant structural or functional heart disease, as defined by the "heart kid's" pediatric cardiologist OR
- Have significant arrhythmic heart disease, as defined by the "heart kid's" pediatric cardiologist OR
- Have other heart disease which the pediatric cardiologist feels causes a significant impact on the child's life.
4. The definition of a sibling is someone with whom the heart kid lives a significant portion of the time.
5. We regret that Camp LUCK does not have the facilities or the staff to care for children with developmental disabilities or with physical disabilities unrelated to their hearts.
6. If you have questions about your child's eligibility for Camp LUCK, please ask your pediatric cardiologist, or ask Dr. Herlong.